This is one of those recipes that doesn’t NEED an entire blog post… but it deserves it. Originally written October 2014.
Baked Corn has been a favorite dish of mine for a really long time. I remember back when I was waaaay pickier about food than I am now, it was one of the only things I would eat at family reunions. I wouldn’t say it’s really a main course, however, since I am usually only cooking for two, it’s much easier to just pretend it is and not worry about cooking anything else with it. Then I only have to deal with a few leftovers (enough for lunch tomorrow). Anyways, this is a great fall food, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Yields: ~ 1 9×9 Dish
1 Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
1 can Creamed Corn
1 can Whole Kernel Corn – drained
1 C. Sour Cream
1 C. Cheddar Cheese (optional, but why omit it?)
4 Tbsp. Butter – melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9×9 baking dish
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix all ingredients until combined
3. Spread mixture into greased pan
4. Bake for 1 hour until top of dish is a golden brown
5. Allow to cool for 5 minutes (seriously, its important) & Enjoy!